Tuesday, September 8, 2009

a glimpse into my new life

So I'm hoping to get back into this blogging on a daily basis again. Things have settled down around here, we're into a routine, and things are going great.

Like I mentioned in my previous tiny post, the wedding was perfect. I won't forget the moment I walked out with my brother from behind those doors and saw my future husband standing there at the end of the altar. I walked slowly down the aisle (I admit I tripped on my dress and I'm sure everyone noticed, but they were too nice to say anything) and my heart was pounding in my chest...jeez, that feeling was so intense.

You know what happens next, we stand there somewhat awkwardly holding hands, listening to the preacher ramble on about two kinds of love and whatnot, then we say vows, then the whole wedding basically stops while a song is performed for us...amazing performance but it felt like it went on forever, and all I wanted was to be pronounced husband and wife.

Then the time came for THE KISS. I didn't really know what to do...we had talked about how we would do it so as not to make it too passionate, but in the end we just decided to wing it and go with whatever happened. Well anyway, the kiss was perfect and I didn't notice anyone else in the room except for him. Cliche, but very true.
We went downstairs, did the cake and glasses thing, talked with everyone, ate some food, had 298209 pictures taken, then went upstairs for 23810938 more pictures. My face was hurting and I just wanted to get out of there. I didn't get why it was necessary to take 5 shots of the exact same thing over and over again.

We eventually made our way outside after being blown with bubbles, and we climbed up the stairs to find his orange car decorated with toilet paper and random junk from the ceremony. Great. Well anyway, we took a million more pictures and drove off into the sunset.Sort of. I'm not going into detail about anything else that happened that night, but it was amazing. I remember waking up the next morning after only four hours of sleep feeling alive and ready to face anything that came my way. I didn't really feel different, just a little older.

Probably the 2nd most memorable thing about the wedding night was when BJ busted his tail light on a pole in the hotel parking lot. We went to Wal-Mart around 10 to get ice cream, and on the way out of the hotel parking lot he ran into this pole...we both kind of sat there and then got out to inspect the damage. Currently it has red tape over it, just because fixing it isn't really on our priority list right now.

It's hard during the week, especially when I work nights, because I'm alone all day starting at 8am and don't see him until about 10:30 on those nights.

One of my favorite things to do with him is cook. The two of us can make some great meals, and I think we both deserve full privelages to brag just because of how amazing our dinners turn out. We've grilled a few things, and he can make this amazing chicken in the oven. Our first meal together was somewhat of a disaster- we bought a pizza stone and the pizza ended up being completely stuck to the stone, really hard to get off. It tasted okay, it just looked extremely weird and not food-like at all.

We watch a lot of movies. Just last night we made a nest (or as he calls it, a pallet) on the floor, ate popsicles, and watched 17 Again. That still makes us seem like kids, but I think it's things like that that keep marriages fun, new, and exciting. We watched My Bloody Valentine the other night, and we both predicted the whole thing scene-by-scene. He jumped a few times and so did I, but the movie is not scary like everyone says it is.

Now to the thing everyone is wondering about: have we fought yet? Well, yes and no. Mostly no. We are both very stubborn, opinionated, and bossy, and we like things to go our way and no one elses. MOST of the time we get along very well, but then there's something little that happens that ticks both of us off and we both end up stomping off into seperate rooms (for like 5 minutes) to sit and brew in our anger, then we end up coming back into each other's presence and laugh about our little squabble. So no, we haven't had THE fight yet (apparently that doesn't happen for quite a while, but just making it clear) and I don't expect it to be anytime soon. We bicker like little kids and get over it as quickly has it happened.

We usually go to bed around midnight, maybe a little later if we watch a movie. I love sleeping with him. I remember one night last week I was super tired and went to bed around 11, while he stayed up and worked on our satellite dish because it was giving us problems. He ended up falling asleep on the couch (who knows why...?) with a bowl of ice cream and Mountain Dew in front of him. Something made me wake up at about 2am, and I panicked because he wasn't in bed with me. I had this weird thought that maybe I wasn't married, but then came back to reality. I went into the living room and found him snoring on his back. It takes a lot to wake him up, so I stood there shaking him for like five minutes, then told him to come back to our room and sleep there. I think he was just so tired he zonked out wherever he was at the moment; the poor guy had been running on adrenaline for two weeks or so.Overall, life is great and I love it. We bought a fish tank (with fish...) to keep us company, but half the population got eaten by the killer fish in there. Just figured I should throw that in there too...

I'll be back tomorrow. I'm working tonight and have to go get ready :(

No comments: