Tuesday, May 31, 2011

the phone call.

I got the call tonight. The one where all I say is, "Hello?" and he sounds tired but motivated at the same time. A bunch of noise and yelling in the background. I want to say I LOVE YOU so bad but it wouldn't matter because he couldn't say anything back anyway.

I got tears in my eyes because I am so proud of him. Also because I miss him, but that's obvious. I am so proud of him for what he has set his mind to do, to better himself and us as a couple. And for our future family.

It's weird sleeping alone again. I don't really like it, but I suppose I better get used to it like, now. It's also weird having to shut the bathroom door again when I'm in there (living at mom's right now) and having Little Sis following me ninety percent of the time.

But that's okay. This is what I have signed up for, and it's only temporary. Even though I do enjoy endless amounts of coffee from mom and not having ridiculous neighbors upstairs, living with just him is what I like.
the day he shipped out 5-30-11

No comments: