Sunday, April 3, 2011

happiness on a Sunday

Happiness is...


  • little sister sitting on my lap as I try to type


  • coffee with brown sugar, made especially by mom


  • bacon cheeseburgers on the grill


  • a three mile bike ride (couldn't feel my legs after that one)


  • gooey cookies


  • wearing an Army shirt while B sports his Marine shirt.

Yeah, sue me. I currently don't own any Marine memorbilia except a bumper sticker on my car. However, I do have several Army shirts (my brother leaves May 3rd for basic) and tons of other stuff he gets from his recruiter especially for me. I feel kinda special. Lunchbox, water bottles, keychains, lanyards, iPod cases, stickers, just tons of s t u f f .


B always gets after me about wearing Army shirts, but hey, B! If you got me some USMC gear I would most definitely wear it. He says I don't get anything until after he graduates recruit training, which I kind of understand...but come on!


So now we're all at mom's house for our Sunday night dinner. Since it's nice weather outside, step-dad is doing some intense grilling on the barbecue. Jalepeno bacon cheeseburgers minus the jalepenos. So...bacon cheeseburgers. Either way, I'll take it!


My brother leaves in 28 days. So that means B leaves in...56? I think. He has the countdown on his phone but I can't touch the sacred Android, so we'll just go with 56!


I hope to be back to blogging about something every day. It really sucks not being able to get on here and write whenever I feel like it. I have my netbook in my brother's room so maybe one of these days we can set up the wireless on it so I can blog from that instead of my mom's computer. Hopefully in the next couple weeks.


Anyway, thanks to all of you for reading! It makes my day when I get comments or see I've added a new follower. Oh, the simple things in life. :)

1 comment:

Kayleigh Draur said...

Sounds like a pleasant Sunday! :) So you seriously can't touch the Android? Ronnie has one of those and I love it. :) I borrow it all the time. Once I am eligible for an upgrade this summer, he is getting me one identical to his. :)