Tuesday, November 8, 2011

thirty things.

I've been seeing this pop up on random blogs I read, so I decided it's my turn to do it! All I'm going to do is write down 30 random things about myself. Some deep, but most probably won't be.

Here goes!


1. I've held onto my first job for six years and counting. I think that's pretty impressive. :)
2. I absolutely hate to see people eating alone. It breaks my heart. I'm sure some of them do it because they want to, but others probably have no choice. I'd love to randomly go sit with someone if I was brave enough.
3. I should have been born in the 50's. I love the fashion and everything about it!
4. I'm a super proud Marine wife...I think that's pretty obvious if you read this blog and poke around on my facebook.
5. I met my husband at Wal-Mart (of all places!). I never, ever thought I'd meet my future husband there, but turns out The Guy Upstairs had other plans for me.
6. I sing a lot. And I'm not even that good at it. Probably not good at all, but I really don't care. I sing in the car, the shower, my room. When I'm home alone it's my opportunity to turn up my iPod stereo and blast the tunes.
7. I can't narrow down my 'favorite' type of music to one genre anymore. My music taste has changed so much over the past several years, and right now it's safe to say I have a very, very diverse taste. My iPod library has stuff ranging from *Nsync to Linkin Park, Trans-Siberian Orchestra to Manafest, Casting Crowns to Demon Hunter...yeah, it's crazy. I love every song/artist in it's own way, I simply cannot choose a favorite.
8. I'm very, very, VERY independent. I think it's fine, but my husband and mom worry about me sometimes. I really have no interaction with 'the outside world' except for work, but I really don't mind it...I'm definitely a crazy breed of wallflower.
9. I have baby fever. We'll leave it at that.
10. I LOVE sour candy. I wish I had some right now, actually.
11. I still want my nose pierced. Really bad. My time will come.
12. One of the things I'm looking forward to the most about moving, is getting to cook B dinner every night. I wish I could do it for him now, I know how much he appreciates it and I bet he's about sick of chow hall food by now.
13. It's really hard for me to get motivated to do something. I have to really, really want to do it before I make an effort. That's why I never diet and don't really exercise (bad me). Also might be why I never clean out my closet and let crap pile up to the ceiling.
14. ...which is weird because in all other aspects I'm such a perfectionist. Except for cleaning my room. Sure, there's some stuff which absolutely has to be in it's exact place, but I think the closet is too far gone to even make an effort now. At least until I get back into my own place!
15. I drink coffee every single day, but I'm honestly not addicted. I could give it up cold turkey right now and be alright...which is good. I don't need to be addicted to anything.
16. I love to read. I definitely don't do it as much as I used to, but I still gain tons of information by browsing Wikipedia and other various websites. I think it's equally beneficial.
17. I hate going to the doctor when I'm sick and I'll always try to avoid it. It bugs me that prescriptions don't actually help fix you, they just mask the symptoms.
18. I've always wanted to try acupuncture. I don't know what exactly I'd get it done for, but since overcoming my fear of needles I'm a lot more adventurous than I used to be!
19. I don't believe in organized religion at all, just a relationship with Jesus Christ. My "religious" ideas are very mixed and really cannot be packed up and boxed into a religious denomination.
20.One of my big goals in life is to home birth (with a birthing pool) my babies. It scares hubby a little bit ("What if something happens?!") but he's a lot more warmed up about it now than he was a year ago.
21. Shrimp is definitely one of my favorite foods. I used to absolutely hate it, but ever since watching it being cooked at a Japanese restaurant I've loved it. I love the pecan-crusted shrimp from Red Lobster, and also shrimp tacos from our local Mexican restaurant. Mmmm.
22. In high school, I took German classes for three years but still couldn't carry on a conversation with someone to this day. It's such a hard language. I know tons of words, just don't know how to put them all together and make a sentence.
23. My shoe collection...hmmm. I have well over 45 pairs and I bet it's up around 50 by now. I seriously love shoes. However, I do need to expand my winter/fall shoe collection. Gives me an excuse to shop more. :)
24. I love the movie Tangled. I watched it probably ten times over this summer and I swear it never gets old!
25. My first car was a 2001 PT Cruiser. I loved it except for the gas mileage. We recently sold it to my MIL just because we don't really 'need' two cars. I miss it a little bit though. :'(
26. I have the worst memory ever. But it's only my short-term memory. I can remember stuff from ten+ years ago, but if my mom tells me to do something I pretty much instantly forget. Same with the customers at work...I have to ask them all at least two times before it finally clicks.
27. I was originally born in California and I love it there! Definitely would not be upset is the USMC moved us out there.
28. I love coffee shops. The smell, the drinks, everything. On one of our first dates, B and I sat in one for four hours and just talked. Loved it :)
29. I plan to own a bulldog one day (that's B's hint). They are so precious and aaaah I get all excited just thinking about it. Too bad they're so expensive...but it would be worth the investment *cough*.
30. My middle name is Nicole. Couldn't think of a good #30, so there you go!

No comments: