Wednesday, June 29, 2011

a very lovely, super fantastic update.

(the day he enlisted, I bet he looks so different now. 11/21/10)



Who wants an update?








A really, really good one?








Let's start at the beginning first.


The event that occured last week has had me worried pretty much nonstop, despite me continuous measures to relax. I got another phone call today. And this one was awesome.


It started off with a three minute talking-to from Captain W., an officer at MCRDPI who had called to give me another update on B's training. My face went white as he explained, "I have him back with me again, we gave him naproxen and some other pain meds but he's doing really well; he's really pushing on through the pain..." he kept elaborating and elaborating, and at this point I was thinking, My God! Is he staying or going?!?! He seemed to read my mind.


"As of today, he is a member of ***** Company and his new projected graduation date is..."


YES. YESYESYESYESYES.


YESSSSSS.


He's staying! And wait, it gets better.


"He seems like he could use some motivation. I thought talking to his wife would be a good idea, so I'll let you two talk for a couple minutes."


My heart is racing at this point.


We get to talk for not a couple minutes, but fifteen whole minutes! It was awesome. He was telling me everything; I barely said anything the whole time because he was going a hundred miles an hour, but man. He sounds so different. He said I sounded different too, but no; he did. He's doing great. He is so much more confident and really sounds more mature already. He said that most of today he was being given a hard time for being the 'new' guy, but that it wasn't so bad.


Towards the end of our conversation, he reminded me to get my car inspected. Aaawwww. And it's also nice hearing him say, "I love you" again.


So yes, it was great, and a wonderful surprise. I was told I wouldn't recieve any phone calls whatsoever except for the initial call, so getting two has been nice. However, I won't expect anymore unless it's a call about him being put in MRP again. I'm proud of myself this time because I only teared up at the very beginning and didn't cry the whole time like during the call I got at work last week.



His graduation date is two weeks later, which is also another blessing. I will now be able to take off his whole ten day leave with him, and beforehand I wouldn't have been able to do that because of work conflicts.



God is good.








"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." -Luke 11:9

1 comment:

Jessica M. said...

That is so exciting! I'm so happy for him being able to stay and for you being such a great supporter!! God is good, and He does great things, even if we don't see them at first. :) Happy Thursday!

*JRB