Thursday, July 21, 2011

7 weeks!

So that title makes it sound like I'm pregnant...but no, I'm not. :) Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I got two letters in the mail yesterday so I will highlight what he said without revealing too much of anything:

-He earned his tan belt in MCMAP
-He gets his picture taken in his blue sometime this week
-Gas chamber was on Tuesday
-7 weeks til he becomes a Marine, 8 weeks til he sees me :)
-He said they get liberty one Sunday near graduation so I need to expect a phone call.

Overall he is doing great, I'm so proud of him. I can already tell how different he sounds in his letters, he is so much more confident and sure of himself.

I suppose I'm doing great too, when he said "7 weeks until I become a Marine" it made me realize how quickly time has gone by. He's already halfway done! On June 1st I was dreading every aspect of this being separated all summer, but now I'm just so proud of him for what he's doing for him and me.

-----

I didn't get around to All Dressed Up yesterday; I had to work during the day and my outfit certainly wasn't ADU-worthy. Hopefully next week! Hope you all are having a great week so far.

No comments: