Friday, July 8, 2011

someone, tell me I'm not alone in this.

Over the past month, I have added nine pairs of shoes to my already ridiculous collection.

And that's not even a quarter of the other clothes, accessories, and jewelry I have accumulated.

It seems that every since B left I buy anything I look at or try on. They have always said that shopping fills some kind of void in one's life, and...well, my void is pretty big. I know that having a ton of stuff isn't going to make things better, especially since everything is pretty much a spur-of-the-moment decision, but for some reason I still do it. I even went to apply for credit at one of my favorite stores yesterday...and it was a blessing in disguise that I couldn't get it right then (they're going to mail me an application for whatever reason) because I could have easily racked up some charges in a heartbeat.

B doesn't know about this, and he definitely won't when he comes back. I don't want him to think I'm going to turn into a crazy shopaholic whenever he leaves, even if it seems that way now... *sigh*

But really, I  have realized that this is a problem. Watching my checking account and wallet contents slowly swindle away is enough of a reality check for me.

So, I know there has got to be at least someone who has done something crazy to cope with loneliness. One of you come out and tell me, please, so I know I don't have a serious problem. Also tell me what made you snap back to reality and get a hold of yourself.

(C) J'adore Allure

Happy weekend, loves.

1 comment:

Katie Elizabeth said...

You are definitely not the only one! I have soo many pairs of shoes that I have never worn or have only worn once. It's such a waste of money, yet I still do it for some reason. We need to somehow get over this ;)

xo katie elizabeth
ohheyylife.blogspot.com