Sunday, July 17, 2011

my awesome brother.

My brother graduated Army basic training on Friday. I am so, so proud of him. He has matured so much over the past few months.

(excuse the blurriness...I stole these from his cell phone) :)


He's been my best friend since I can even remember, we have always been attached at the hip and always think of the other one when making plans. We've had our share of staying up too late, playing video games, eating sour candy, watching dumb movies,  making late-night Wal-Mart runs; but they're our favorite memories and things we just enjoy doing together.

I have talked to him so much over this weekend, and I keep ending the phone calls with the same thought: Man, he's awesome. I am so lucky to have him for my brother! He has the biggest heart out of anyone I know, and I mean anyone. He is so compassionate and giving, he's even literally given the shirt off his back to someone who didn't have one.

These past few months have been difficult for me, letting go of him, in a way. He's an adult now, in an adult world, with an adult job and adult friends. However, I still know he is always there for me and will always listen and not judge or tell anyone anything I say, which I really admire.

I've been trying to add some more pics but once again Blogger does not like them. Whyyy does this keep happening?!?

In other news, B is doing well from what I do know. I don't get near as many letters as I used to. I do know he goes through the gas chamber tomorrow, so naturally I'm a little worried. I am sure he'll be alright though; it's just the worrywart in me coming out.

Good night, all. :o)

"After a girl is grown, her little brothers...become her protectors." ~Terri Guillemets

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hey Krystal! I'm your newest follower via Military Monday Blog Hop. I'm a Marine Wife, also (and went through the same situation of sending Husband to Recruit Training).

Don't worry too much about the gas chamber, it's not that bad (from what Husband told me), and from this point on, the letters will slow down. Don't stop writing, though! Encourage him. Send him photos. Tell him you love him and miss him and are SO PROUD of him.

Feel free to stop on over at my blog, www.linzeh.blogspot.com

Ciao!

soon to be Mrs. M said...

Hi! I had seen your blog on the blog hop and am a new follower. Congrats to your brother on graduation! I hope you have a wonderful evening. Please stop by my blog at http://futuremills.blogspot.com/

x's and o's

About a Mom said...

Hi! What a wonderful quote and so true. New follower from military monday blog hop! I would love for you to stop by http://aboutamom.com to say hi & return follow! :)

Frances said...

Following from the Military Monday bloghop...would love if you could follow back :)